Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 61

Thread: RIP Old Tobe

  1. #31
    Inactive Member PVVikeFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 1st, 2004
    Posts
    2,188
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: RIP Old Tobe

    I am so sorry to hear this. RIP friend.
    _________________________________________________________
    HOW'S THAT HOPE AND CHANGE WORKING OUT FOR YA ??????

  2. #32
    Inactive Member photofinish's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 19th, 2003
    Posts
    53
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: RIP Old Tobe

    I can not believe what I am reading!!! I haven't been on the forum in months!! And for some reason got on to check some scores and am destroyed about this!! I will always remember Ole Tob at the pep rallies, at the two a days, everywhere the blue was, he was! I am very sad and believe Indian Dad said it best because I have NO words. Truly my prayers go out to his wife! I am going to miss you Tob!

  3. #33
    Inactive Member MikMo's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 23rd, 2002
    Posts
    3,344
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: RIP Old Tobe

    Condolences to his family. Although I didn't know him, I hate to hear that about anybody.
    [img]http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k102/ETWNAPPEL/calgraphic.gif?t=1238543058[/img]

  4. #34
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: RIP Old Tobe

    Toby put 110% of himself into supporting each and every sports team from Gate City. I know that this is how he'll want to be remembered by all that knew him. So many young men who played football for the Blue Devils knew who Toby happened to be, there were very few that didn't - those who played while he was in school and those who followed after his graduation from high school. I understand that he was so well-liked by the 1997 state championship team that they all autographed a football for him and gave it to him after they won the championship game. I am sure he treasured that football for what it meant to him. Before he moved to Kingsport it was said that he not only made every game, but it was uncommon for him to even miss a practice.
    Toby was always at home games very early & he always gave us a yell when we came walking up into the bleachers upon arrival. There will be a huge empty void in the stands come this fall, a much larger space than what Toby took up with his physical appearance. There will never be another Toby when it comes to supporting his Gate City Blue Devils, that I do know. God rest your soul Toby, we all know that you'll be watching the boys from even a better seat than ours come football time in Gate City.


  5. #35
    Inactive Member imported_trumpet1988's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 12th, 2003
    Posts
    2,533
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: RIP Old Tobe

    I couldn't believe what I was reading before I left for work. I always looked up to Tob. Always enjoyed talkin to him. Since me and him met one game, every PV vs. GC football game when we marched on the field to perform I'd always hear "HEY D.J.!!!!". It was always Toby yelling that at me. And I'd always go to the GC side and find him and we'd talk about stuff and he'd be like "D'ya hear me yell your name". I introduced him to SuperX and MattMan one night during third quarter.

    God bless ya Toby. You'll be greatly missed.
    Deja Moo: The feeling that you've heard this bull before.

  6. #36
    Inactive Member imported_ut1's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 16th, 2002
    Posts
    1,654
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: RIP Old Tobe

    While we weep, Heaven rejoices. Thank you Lord for being so gracious to Toby that you would save him even in his last hours of life on this side. What a Savior!
    "Yes, there are two paths you can go by
    But in the long run
    There's still time to change the road you're on."

  7. #37
    Inactive Member imported_Primetime's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 23rd, 2002
    Posts
    40
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: RIP Old Tobe

    I had the opportunity after the Lee and GC game last year to have a long discussion back and forth with Ole Tob via private messages and thoroughly enjoyed it, and although we had never met I felt like I had made a new friend. I have been on this board for several years and have been more of a reader than a poster and Ole Tob was always a vital part of the football discussions. I feel very saddened by this news and will definitely keep his family at the top of my prayer list. As some of you have already mentioned, at least we know he is in a place where he will never suffer again. Nevertheless, I know he will me deeply missed by family, friends, and acquaintances.

  8. #38
    Inactive Member imported_trumpet1988's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 12th, 2003
    Posts
    2,533
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: RIP Old Tobe

    We rejoice that he's with Jesus Christ in paradise. The reason we are upset and weeping is because we lost a great friend.
    Deja Moo: The feeling that you've heard this bull before.

  9. #39
    Inactive Member imported_SuperX's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 1st, 2004
    Posts
    967
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: RIP Old Tobe

    yup i remember that DJ, when i first read this thread that's the first thing i thought of, and again, Tobe's family will be remembered in my thoughts and prayers...

    any ideas on arrangements?

  10. #40
    Inactive Member imported_ndn10's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 3rd, 2003
    Posts
    749
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: RIP Old Tobe

    i am sorry to hear this...it jus really is wierd because h was posting just a while ago.

    does anyone know the arrangments


    I am 100 times more open minded than most on here about the topics we talk about.-Raider13

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •